One of our delightful French lady customers at lunch today…..asked me what the French for a lady ‘Saucier’ is…(a saucier, for those who don’t know is the French name for the person in charge of making the sauces in a ‘brigade’ – a kitchen team). Would it be perhaps ‘Saucière’? (The connotation being a mix-up with ‘Sorcière’, I suppose)…I don’t mind being described as a Sorcière… but I had to point out that she was the Froglet out of the two of us!
- RT @jayrayner1: My OFM column a few days early: the culture wars over dinner. Are we prepared to pay what it really costs to eat in restaur… 1 day ago
- @NorthernSnippet @parkersarms Me too! #girlsthatcook 3 weeks ago
- RT @Laura_Burley: .@PhilipHammondUK today said on distance learning that 'ppl can learn wherever they are, & whenever they want'. Yep! @Ope… 3 months ago
- RT @SheilaDillon: #Catalonia They take to the streets. March. Protest. For independence or against they stop to eat well @BBCFoodProg https… 3 months ago
- RT @DancingTheMind: “It’s surely our responsibility to do everything within our power to create a planet that provides a home not just for… 3 months ago