Jerusalem artichokes -topinambours in French. Yum! Now that things are a little quieter, I have time to play a bit. I saw some jerusalem artichokes and decided to go on a taste discovery. So I made a velouté. Yum! They’re surprisingly nutty with a firm texture. Try this: scrub some artichokes with a nail brush and slice thinly. Fry some finely sliced shallots until soft, add the artichokes and cover the pot and leave to stew for 10 mins. Chuck in some white wine and reduce, chuck in some veg or chicken stock (I like to keep veg with veg), cook until theey are cooked and blend. If it needs thickening, add a bit of bread (gives it a luscious gloss, also), add cream and season to taste et voila. A really nice, unusual soup.
- @NorthernSnippet Good grief you have some types up there 😂😂#vergingonnorthernist 1 month ago
- RT @theJeremyVine: Can't believe I just saw this and it's real https://t.co/Vp1p6XYnfr (via @Channel4) 2 months ago
- @prixtel j'ai un message erreur d'authentification à l'étranger - problème de reseau ou souscription? 2 months ago
- thelocalfrance's photo instagram.com/p/BSbuzBKhhGC/ 4 months ago
- RT @FelicityMorse: Next time you ask ‘why doesn’t she just leave?’ - remember this picture bit.ly/2oIDqNO 4 months ago