You know those days when you amaze even your own self with your stupidity and/or clumsiness? Well that was my day today. I have 2x8L deep fat fryers – pretty dinky by most pro kitchen standards- but even so they need rigorous oil changing, and today was the day! The procedure is that I grab some empty plastic 5L containers ( which the new oil comes in), insert a sort of removable tap in the bottom of the fryer and open the tap and it starts pouring into the container. Now, if you have been paying attention, you will notice that the fryers are 8 l and the containers are 5. So I have to survey closely the progress of drainage and nimbly change containers when the first one becomes full. Well, I started making bread …..lost my concentration ..and next thing, about 1 l of oil running across the floor… Arghhhhh and then the midday bells struck and we were open. Damn.
- RT @morganyorkwrite: My mom is in her 50s and is worried it’s too late for her to get her PhD. RT if you think she should go for it 3 weeks ago
- Hard to believe it's so sunny today! twitter.com/meteofrance/st… 1 month ago
- RT @jayrayner1: My OFM column a few days early: the culture wars over dinner. Are we prepared to pay what it really costs to eat in restaur… 1 month ago
- @NorthernSnippet @parkersarms Me too! #girlsthatcook 2 months ago
- RT @Laura_Burley: .@PhilipHammondUK today said on distance learning that 'ppl can learn wherever they are, & whenever they want'. Yep! @Ope… 5 months ago