Well here we are on the cusp of July and August, officially in the thick of it. Vernet is lovely and hot – not to mention the kitchen (!) – and the crowds are everywhere. We are usually full most lunches and definitely every evening, sometimes days in advance. We even had the first guests arrive for the apartment today, the culmination of this last winter’s project. I hope they have everything they need. Everything has been going more or less smoothly, just a couple of breakdowns which generally happens in summer when everything is under stress, but all is cool in the reserve as Dave spent last Tuesday fitting a proper a/c unit to helps the fridges and freezers out. We had had a mobile one in there but it was beginning to struggle. Oh yes, he knows how to have fun on his day off! Our girls are fab, and working really well, so everything pretty rosy! There we are, that’ll spoil it! I wish it could be this warm all year round….except for up in Font Romeu where it should have perfect snow for skiing all year round. We did come to grief a bit the other night when a table of 6 turned up a day early – a bit of confusion in the reservations department! We had to sit them inside as we were full on the terrace and we ended up doing a record number of covers in one go – we were working like the clappers – you couldn’t see us for the blur….so we managed to turn it round, and everyone seemed happy. Phew! It could so easily have been a disaster in the kitchen, I shudder to think. We are trying to decide where to go for our hols this year – I’d like to go sailing again, but we have discovered that in the last couple of years since we last went, prices have at least doubled. It’s a shocker.
- RT @Laura_Burley: .@PhilipHammondUK today said on distance learning that 'ppl can learn wherever they are, & whenever they want'. Yep! @Ope… 2 months ago
- RT @SheilaDillon: #Catalonia They take to the streets. March. Protest. For independence or against they stop to eat well @BBCFoodProg https… 2 months ago
- RT @DancingTheMind: “It’s surely our responsibility to do everything within our power to create a planet that provides a home not just for… 2 months ago
- RT @qikipedia: 'If a man has no tea in him, he is incapable of understanding truth and beauty.' JAPANESE PROVERB 2 months ago
- RT @NorthernSnippet: 😂 twitter.com/vizcomic/statu… 2 months ago