Well this week has been ultra quiet. But all the sale, an interesting developement occurred. A lady and her son showed up with a wooden crate with some massive milk-cap mushrooms laid out beautifully in it offering to sell them to us. Lactus delicioso they are aptly known as in posh speak, and the Catalans have another term for them that I couldn’t even begin to spell but sounds something like roobilloos ( with the soft double L sound). We discussed a price and I offered her a euro off what I can get them for in Perps since it is a cash transaction …deal done. I paid her 9€ K and she had just over a kilo so we paid 10€ for the lot. Just to say we got 8 portions out if it, so without giving our price per portion away – even if it was 5€ it returns a healthy margin. So she gets a bit of cash, we get a best selling starter and everyone is happy. Well, blow me down if she wasn’t back the next day with another load! I took ’em and paid her another kilo’s worth,
And look forward to fostering a healthy relationship with her. She obviously had a great respect for them as she had treated them really gently and also she wasn’t trying to rip us off either as there were 2 slightly damaged ones that she didn’t want to charge us for. She also said that she left the little ones to grow bigger, which is a big sustainability issue, so all in all I was quite impressed by the whole transaction! I don’t know when we’ll next see her as the weather has turned icy and she expressed fear for the mushroom crop to survive the frost. But it’s a whole new approach for me and I like it!
- RT @morganyorkwrite: My mom is in her 50s and is worried it’s too late for her to get her PhD. RT if you think she should go for it 3 weeks ago
- Hard to believe it's so sunny today! twitter.com/meteofrance/st… 1 month ago
- RT @jayrayner1: My OFM column a few days early: the culture wars over dinner. Are we prepared to pay what it really costs to eat in restaur… 1 month ago
- @NorthernSnippet @parkersarms Me too! #girlsthatcook 2 months ago
- RT @Laura_Burley: .@PhilipHammondUK today said on distance learning that 'ppl can learn wherever they are, & whenever they want'. Yep! @Ope… 5 months ago